Postmates Sign Up Bonus
It’s free to sign up and fast to get started. There’s no fees or time commitments, so you take home 100% of what you earn every time you complete a delivery.
Driving for Postmates
Postmates is an on-demand delivery service that allows users to request deliveries of all types from local stores and restaurants. Most Postmates deliveries are for food delivery or small items like home and office supplies.
Tip: Sign up to deliver for Postmates with my referral link to be eligible for the best new-driver promotion in your area. If you sign up with my referral link, I may receive a bonus for referring you.
What Postmates drivers do
- Receive delivery requests within the Postmates app and navigate to the restaurant or store
- Log in to the app when you want to work. You don’t schedule shifts. Work as much or as little as you want
- Postmates customer support places the order if they can. If they can’t, you place the order at the store
- You use a special Postmates credit card to pay for the order
- Take a picture of the receipt and send it to support through the app
- Deliver the item to the customer’s location using directions from the app
Postmates driver requirements
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have access to an insured vehicle, or a bicycle
- You can deliver with a car, truck, van, bicycle, motorcycle, or scooter
- Pass a background check
How much money do Postmates drivers make?
- Postmates drivers can expect to make $8–$15 per hour in most markets
- Drivers are paid a fee for pickup, a fee for drop-off, paid for wait time at the restaurant, and paid per mile between pickup and drop-off
- There is a minimum payout per delivery of around $4
- You receive 100% of tips. Customers can tip inside the app after the delivery is complete
- Hourly guarantees are sometimes offered. You must accept 100% of requests to qualify
- Blitz pricing, similar to Uber’s surge pricing, increases the delivery fees during peak hours
- Payments to you are made 4-7 days after the delivery
Example: How much Postmates drivers make in New York
The payout equation is slightly different for every city, but to give you an example of how Postmates calculates driver earnings for a delivery, here are the rates in New York.
- $1 for pickups
- $1 for drop-offs base pay – as soon as you accept the delivery
- $0.10 per minute wait time while you wait at the restaurant
- $0.80 per mile from the food pickup to the drop-off
Sign up to drive for Postmates to be eligible for the best new-driver promotion. That link is my referral link, and I may receive compensation for referring you.